Saturday, August 30, 2014

Dustin's Intro

I'm Dustin Newman, I live in Bluffton IN, 29 years old, part-time student, a commuter, work full time at the Tire & lube Express at Walmart as a technician, and I'm in the DMA program for animation. I know it's kind of unusual to start HU this late in the game but I've always fantasized about being a 2-D animator beginning as a kid at first-grade. To keep this short I suppose the reason for the hesitation is because college was too intimidating for me, perhaps I'm just lazy or maybe I had some growing up to do first, whatever it is I'm here now. Before HU my friends and I thought it would be fun to do a comic or graphic novel, it's still a work in progress though.


Starting HU I thought that making comic book series would be a career path worth going towards but after I take this class I may change my mind. My real goal is to make a living doing what I love, not like I am now where I get covered in grease and motor oil at the end of every day. You may already know by now that I like to draw, other than that some of the things I like to watch is Nova, Cosmos, the Venture Bros, SpongeBob, and for music, I also like Zomboy as well as some of Seven Lions, Lindsay Stomp, and Hardwell. Well that's all I have to say.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to work in class with you!! Good luck with your graphic novel, too!

    ReplyDelete